Monday, October 22, 2018

Tea Leaves

I have things to say, you know.
Mostly I'm not afraid to say it and share bits of my essence,
and even if I was, I do it anyway.
I'm aware it leaves me exposed and vulnerable,
open to exploitation.
It also renders me accessible and open,
ready for possibilities and corresponding feelings.
The good, right along with the bad.
The risk and the possibility.
The possibility of you, of me,
of growing into some new human
I only dreamed once I could be.
Fake it until you believe it, they said.
So maybe I did, maybe I have and now believe
I am likable and lovable and everything in between.
Not everyone's cup-o-tea, dream maven to-be.
To some, these leaves might seem unpalatable,
undesirable even when steeped, served with biscuits and sweets.
To others, something exotic, something to seek,
use up until the appeal is no longer visibly seen.
And still to others, maybe to you, all that and more,
desired and edible all the same.

No comments:

Post a Comment