Monday, October 8, 2018

Apples and Surprising Pleasantries

I ended up picking apples by myself,
it was just fine. Munched a baked potato and listened to old country.
We spent so much time in the corn maze and then again, I was late.
So often, I am late. But embraced all the same.
I'm so blessed with the team and work family that I have,
they see me and hold me near. As I do them, too.
It's a blessing, it's a gift.

"You're one of the most grateful people I know," my friend said to me.
Funny, I don't think it was always so.
Depression humbled me in more ways than I can count
and now I just run with it. The highs and lows and new found talents.
The silver linings and sunnier skies

I'm receiving things I've typically given freely and it feels odd.
A happy, pleasant odd sensation and reflection.
Massages and food and giving and wow,
so much I still have to learn. I'm ready for the lessons to continue.

No comments:

Post a Comment