Friday, October 26, 2018

Around

Patience. I've channeled so much patience.
Proud and patient and learning,
growing while yearning.
In moments I realize myself amazed,
in awe of people I'm with and how far I've come.
The beautiful souls in my bed,
fresh on my mind and yet,
I'm doing my damnedest to avoid familiar patterns.
Carve out brain space for only the smartest folks and things,
new habits and pleasure hobbies.
Free time is free, overwhelming and free.
Ukulele and Spanish and Chorus Girl dancing.
Or lifting barbells whilst watching Netflix-y shows.
Knitting or baking or even candlestick makin'.
Anything or everything, could be.
Even moments of nothing, purely nothing.
No social media, no phone, no tv, no remote,
just the programming I might usually tune out.
The one that runs me around,
runs me sometimes into the ground.
Odd to realize I really am doing alright,
giving myself insights into peace and quiet.
An observant to my own experiences,
watching the world rotate around.
Sitting here or there,
with myself anywhere.
Comfortable as alone, as with others.
I've become what I aimed to be,
so yes, I am proud.
Proud and patient and learning,
growing while yearning.

No comments:

Post a Comment