Wednesday, October 31, 2018

In Gratitude

Craving and wanting
waiting, then staying.
Staying over, severely shortened the commute.
The touches and glances
got me beaming ear-to-ear.
Sure, I'm nervous, but equally thrilled,
grateful and present beyond compare.
Bringing out the goodness,
once a week or two.
Whatever it is, whatever it becomes or doesn't.
Glad to know it, feel it, sense and believe it.

And of me, of me, of me.
Moments with just this one.
Looking at myself back in the mirror,
grasping the reflection and nature of loneliness.
Not lonely, but alone.
Seeing myself, still,
as I see you. See you. Really see.
See you seeing me.
Seeing me and not forgetting.
Being open and not disregarding the feeling
of knowing a shattered state, of healing,
of protecting this tender and lovely soul of mine.
Breathing it in, breathing you out and in and out.

Walking this line and that.
To see and know the risk, learning of the possibilities.
"I will never understand you, but I want to learn you."
Correct you are, yes. And the same. All the same to you.
If it's the same to you,
being enamored with each precious second and space.
To be heard, to be seen.
I shall listen and listen more, still.
To this, to the beats of each soul.
Of to there and me to here.
Back in a later time and space.
Refreshed will be my eyes and arms and memory.

Ready for more.
I can't get enough of you, he said.
Yes, I know that feeling on my skin.
Enough until it is enough
or not.
The door is open and closed and open
and ready for whatever might waltz in.
Into this once broken woman.
Anew. Afresh. Awoken. Aghast. In awe.
In gratitude. I go and come in gratitude.
Here I shall remain.






































Art by Eugenia Loli. 

No comments:

Post a Comment