Monday, October 15, 2018

Scatterbrained and funny haired, with red nails.

Charismatic, they said.
New red nails, I said.
Brainstorming and dreaming of ways to channel money,
more resources towards debts and towards savings goals.
Travels and tattoos and couches and cosmic adventures.
True story, they said.

New earrings and a pin,
to express a thought and capture a style.
Get out these ideas, get them out.
Give me the chance to focus and get it right.
I've saved almost 2 grand towards goals, after all.
Things to do, places to be, people to meet and see.
Here and then there, scatter brained and funny haired.

I aim to create collages,
glued together images, here and there.
Condoms and borax acid, an unlikely tag team.
Arose at 5, made muffins using apples.
Washed and scrubbed, dressed and left, un-rushed.
Good muffin, they said.

Little pockets of Monday joy.
Already dreaming of what I'll do after.
They said I'm beaming, full of joy and happiness.
Happiness on my own, in my own way.
Without you or any of them.

Giving it all to me, mostly all to me.
The love and leisure and otherwise confusing thoughts,
getting to understand this beauty before me.
Counting the cadences from here and through this heart.
The rhythm of my words and apples on the tree.

Perhaps it's all too confusing to care,
but this is therapy right here.
You're killing it, they told me.
You're doing it right, doing it well.
Living and surrendering to this one and only life.
Try and tried different methods and directions,
stumbling upon tactics that warm me up and gas up the soul.

Running and not running on empty.
Fill your own bucket, light up your own beams.
Sunshine and hearts and roses or whatever it may be.
That day, this day. Caring and concern looks different.
Different for geese and different for ducks.
Sat there and watched them meticulously
scrap and remove the yellowed chips and residue.
That was caring on Saturday, yesterday it was wine tasting and photography.

These nails are red, they rounded the tips.
These eyes are brightened and full of blue,
looking and seeking meaning and reasons to continue seeking.
In the future, a no-spending month or sweetened delicacy.
Each day and week, another chance to explore my own giving tree.
Greened and new and gasping fresh air.

The agency, the honor
of being alive and wanting it, too.
The freedoms to write and challenge the status quo(s).
I didn't hear anger, she said to me.
Though it's there and it's there,
rendering it un-buried and treasured within.

On and on and out and out.
Thought one, thought two,
all of the more.
Goodbye, farewell.
It's done for now.






No comments:

Post a Comment