Thursday, June 14, 2018

This or That

Those moments you feel invisible 
or like you'll never love again
that stuff of the past was a lie.
The brain leads us to so many unproven conclusions.
That existential dread, conundrums.
It isn't pleasant to sit through it alone,
but it's all we have. All I have.
Can't stuff it down, cover it up
date it away or run it through.
The dread, the dread, this fucking dread.
Lack of judgement makes it more tolerable,
tempering expectations with realness
and honest reflection.
What he does, what you do,
not the same and not hinged.
No regrets, no regurts.

This cute stranger just told me New York ruined him
and in that share I feel a reminder.
The appeal, the perspective, the studies
of what makes you magnetic and true.
Down-to-earth and healthy and approachable,
but not entertaining malarkey.
Someone who likes their life,
has ambition and interests and stands upright.
Maybe I'm not quite there yet, but the path is at times so clear.
The profiles only show a glimpse of who we are,
what we think or hope ourselves to be.
I wrote what I wrote.
I'll be glad for group and chatting and feeling seen, even a bit.

Even this, is only a glimpse.
Sharing and typing out what I think myself to be,
dreams and fears and words that fit right.
I watched some Riverdale and Buffy,
they're all so beautiful, but also troubled
and fighting and solving mysteries.
Shows and people and places and apps
that share another piece,
shine a light on things to feel important.
I don't know what I'm saying, but it feels nice to type.
Even if I never posted this and was the only one to read.
It's good. It's great. To write and think and let it run free.
No regurts.

No comments:

Post a Comment