Wednesday, June 20, 2018

Jazz and Soul and Loneliness

Oh what a difference a day makes.
The changes in perspective and moments of reprieve
are all that get me through.
Flirtation and necessary reminders
of what is possible and what could be true.
Thank you, thank you, universe.
I promise to not turn a blind eye,
I am in the midst of a rebirth,
a new leaf and reunification.
I'm a sucker for jazz and soul.
The soul of each new soul I encounter.
Each possibility of connection and togetherness
reminds us the world isn't nearly so small,
so alone, so hopeless.
Though we are alone and struggling with the inherent loneliness
of existence and taking up space.
The trick is to not judge the feeling,
we all feel it and trudge through it.
Let's trudge together, shall we?


Art by Eugenia Loli.

No comments:

Post a Comment