Wednesday, June 27, 2018

Bite Down

Relief reveals itself ever so slowly,
but I'm grateful all the same.
It's true what they say about time,
it does heal
but more so quickly with a calculated eye and ear
to what you feel and what it means
and how to learn and grow.
To have perspective.
It seems some get stuck in the process,
and that very well coulda been me.
Stuck and stammering and angry.
But it seems I wasn't meant to live there,
at least not now.
I thank the goddesses for the resilience
and commitment to betterness.
It happened and is happening,
a continuous process
of riding all those waves and tackling battles
of tears, of psyche, of such strong emotions and beliefs.
You fight for so long, it's easy to forget the strength it takes
to get up and go and move on and on.
But then the moments of levity and open air make themselves known.
I've starred up equal parts cursing the skies, yet amazed at grace
and gratitude and channeling strength I never knew before.
Healing is pain and healing is hard,
but you bite down on that rag or wood piece
and complain and moan all the way
one day waking up and realizing you made it.
I made it.
I made it.
Thank the goddesses almighty, I made it.

Image result for woman art
Art by Sofia Bonati.

No comments:

Post a Comment