Wednesday, May 2, 2012

I'll have a Pickel AND my Motorcycle

Floods.
I am hit with floods of what has come to pass. 
Gone. Gone is he from my view. My life. Gone from these shores. 
To a destination of undetermined mystery.
To where he is and I shall one day be, too.
Gone along to a land of peanuts and big bands and loads of sand.
Never far away, you're here to stay. In my veins, my soul,
and every cheese I ever knew.
I'll be looking at the moon.....but I'll be seeing you.

Always you.
Always will I be walking your way.
From this May, until my dying day.
Command would you, nothing less.
All I can say, Grandpa, is that I'm doing my best.
Enough. Always told me I was more than enough.
Sentimental, as you were tough.
With might you challenged us all to rise to any occasion.
To you I dedicate this Old Style, Roberto.
To you I sing this next song

On and on, we will get along, cause you taught us all to be so strong.

To a Pickel.
To a Motorcycle.
To eloquent belligerence and many more re-tellings of all that you were.
Are to me. To us. 
Forever.
xxooo

R.I.P. R.E.P. 
1925-2012


1 comment: