Wednesday, July 11, 2018

I water me

It seems I have the energy to spread myself around a bit
more than I thought.
I've realized how dangerous and limiting it can be
to get stuck in the stories we tell ourselves,
about ourselves.
I spent so much time feeling angry and bitter
about who I wasn't or thought I couldn't be.
But the truth is, those are just untapped facets.
My potential is great, just like anyone.
You can do many things, but not every thing.
I'm smart and witty and courageous and kind
and sometimes silly and real and full of hope.
All these things and more.
Strengths Quest shared the lesson of focusing on strengths
at the top, not all the rest below it.
Harmony. Empathy. Developer. Relator. Restorative.
All of those things and more.

I write to become visible,
to remind myself I exist and have words and vision.
I exist. Just as I am.
I'm growing my own damn garden. I water me.
Planting those seeds and watching 'em sprout.
It's fun, it's real, it's sometimes confusing,
but I'm not scared.
I've survived that controlled burn.
I'm growing my own damn life.
One bit and moment at a time
I evaluate what I like and don't
directions I'd like to sprint
and when it's ok to just be.
To just sit and be right here,
right now.
Just me. Just me. Just me.
So so free.

Image result for what the water gave me (painting)
What the Water Gave Me. Frida Kohlo. 


No comments:

Post a Comment