Sunday, April 15, 2018

I am

I am not my relationships.
I am not my job, my cat, my friends, or family.
I am not the music I listen to or the movies I like.
the food I eat.

I am not valued based on what others see or don't
I am not my ex-boyfriends
or the number of times my heart has been broke.
I am not the religion I follow or don't
the places I go
the people I see.
the clothes I wear.
I am not the roof over my head.
the things I buy.

I am not anxiety.
depression
sleep apnea
chronic migraines
existential crisis or catastrophization
suicidal thoughts.

I am not the amount of time I exercise or don't.
a diet plan.
my appearance.
the car I drive
the work I put in.
a cog in the machine.

I am not your manic pixie girl.
your fantasy.
"your-emotions-make-me-uncomfortable"
a spoiled bitch.

I am not my hangups
trauma.
tears.
my biggest fears,
insecurities
how many chores I get done
the money I earn.

I am not alone.
I am not with anyone.
I am neither here, nor there.

I AM everything and nothing.
learning as I go.
seeking peace
searching for answers

I am only this moment.
I am gone as much as I am present.
breathing
feeling
wondering
working, lurking.

I am tired.
scared
at peace and aware.

I am seeing myself more each day.
trying not to become attached to what or who I am.

I am a person.
some sentient being.
just as I am.

Do you know who you are?

No comments:

Post a Comment