Friday, February 9, 2018

Some Days I Write Cool Shit.

From 11/20/17.

It's wonderful how and when teachers and lessons present themselves. I'm sure they're always there, just waiting to be seen and then taken up.

"One thing that awakens people to change is trauma." -Ram Dass

Sometimes you realize the world is smiling. Maybe it only seems to smile when you do. Today the colors are brighter, the sky more beautiful, my eyes are wider to take it all in. I acknowledge it won't last, but that doesn't make me sad. I'm grateful for it all the same.

The journey reveals itself in the most quiet, yet fascinating ways. In the midst of much grief and anguish, it's hard to recall that you'll breathe again and smiles will make their way back to your face and you become a stranger to the heartache and distress. Then you go back again and forget the happiness. Back and forth and back and forth. Exhaustion and energy, vitality, wisdom and stupidity. We're always a bit of each and you can't fully know one without reflection on the other. One magnifies the other.

Dumbledore and trees and Ram Dass. Those are my teachers today.

I am grateful for moments of relief and perspective, for freedom and the language to speak and eyes to take it in.

No comments:

Post a Comment