Thursday, February 22, 2018

Less volatile, less awake

I'm drawn in by topics and things many others avoid. Feelings and realness and vulnerability. I'm not for everyone. There are complexities and frustrations and beauties beyond comprehension that I possess. I spent so many years feeling ashamed, of who I am, of what I'm capable of or not. The silence and lack of responsiveness exacerbated the worst truths I believed of myself. No more. Looking through fresh lenses and stripped back realities. Taking it less personal and listening to what is. Anxious and avoidant were never a sound pairing, of course not. Free of chains and unspoken truths.

And this.
“And you tried to change, didn’t you? Closed your mouth more. Tried to be softer, prettier, less volatile, less awake… You can’t make homes out of human beings. Someone should have already told you that. And if he wants to leave, then let him leave. You are terrifying, and strange, and beautiful. Something not everyone knows how to love.” -Warsan Shire

Image result for beyonce underwater video

No comments:

Post a Comment