Monday, May 21, 2018

About Your Dreams

There's nothing to say.
I don't need to know about your dreams.
I'm too busy listening to new Courtney Barnett
and doing my work.
The work that was unearthed though the process
that we were.
And the work that pays the bills.

I said what I said and meant what I meant.
Please leave me be.
When I had things to say, you chose your path.
Doesn't she give you what you want?
Was it worth the times and times and time again,
you insisted it wasn't true?
It was nothing more, nothing less.

The cat and I are just fucking fine.
The truth stings, don't it?
We aren't part of your life and you aren't part of me.
Leave it be, let it die.
I was never yours, you never mine.
Goodbye, ok?
Goodbye.
Let it go, let it be.

I'm no longer that person.
The walls are now up for a reason,
the shields activated and no longer entertaining
the games or lies or however, inadvertent scars and scraps.
For me, it's now just about me.
The thoughts of you, I just say thank you and goodbye.
Faded and jaded,
I can't even think of you
without desecrated memories.

Now coming into my own,
the lie that we were just isn't of comfort anymore.
Is this now what you wanted?
Is your heart filled to the brim, all dreams fulfilled?
It doesn't matter either way.
I'm here, you're there
and the only one I need to worry about
is this lovely lady right here.

Your ego or guilt or whatever it is--isn't my problem,
stop dropping me messages and talks of cats.
What's done is done.
I take the lessons you left at my feet
and I use them and dig down and grow some more.
Thanks for that, but now it's all gone.
Please leave me.
Just leave me.
be.

No comments:

Post a Comment