Friday, May 23, 2014

To know.

Days like this I wonder how I even function at all. How do I do things ever.
My heart aches. I feel trapped in my cube.
I couldn't barely wake up and get out of bed.
I saw my counselor. 
I'm trying to be productive, but each moment feels like a struggle.
Why is my brain the way it is? Am I not doing enough to fix me?
Has there been progress? I don't know. I hope and hope, but don't know.
How are you with me? 
Will I always feel discontented and restless? What kind of life is that?
Not one I'd wish on anyone. 
Am I the only one who feels like I'm stuck in one place, even though my brain is screaming to run?
I don't know.
I don't know why there is you.
Sometimes I fear you don't believe me when I describe how fucked up I think I am on any given day.
Until that moment when you realize I've been speaking the truth the whole time.
My heart aches.
I want to feel contented, but sometimes it seems the more I grasp for it, the further away it is.
You make it seem so easy and I envy that about you.
I look at those that seem happy to try to replicate their efforts.
Try to go a day without wanting to cry or feel self-pity.
Why is this life, this life?

1 comment: