Thursday, September 27, 2012

The Zombies are Coming, the Zombies are Coming!

My brain. MY brain. It strains to regain what once I could claim. Sanity and peace and non-existent thoughts. I have been derailed and what’s more, I did it of my own accord. I DIDN’t choose it, per say, but it chose to let me choose it. It makes as much sense as it should. So here I am again, back to myself. It seems I hadn’t ventured very far and yet I can feel the distance. And closeness. To you. The nearness and newness of you. For do I not feel weakness and fear? Indeed, it is there as it always has been and will be. Necessary like wrenches and foreign like spreads of chocolate. Here I am…naked and exposed to the world. I own it as I know it to be. The truth. MY truth. The only kind I could speak or hope could transpire. And I find myself to not be afraid of that, this truth, because I stare it down eye-to-eye and make it my own. No matter the challenge or outcome or loss. Cause I can lose you, but cannot lose me. This wonderful person I’ve found. Myself. As I always knew I could be. You elevate me to see the coolest and realest version I could ever aspire to be. So you’ll stay as you and I’ll stay as me, and the rest….well, we shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment