Tuesday, September 11, 2012

The Wind....blows.

I am numbed. Somehow I’m not quite as I’d imagined myself to be. I am a diluted version of the greatness and hysteria that resides within. Within I am without. On and on the road does go, but somewhere along the line I had to stop running. The breath could no longer be harnessed within these overexerted lungs. These words no longer hold sway and I know not where it is I should lay. In my own arms I am alive and well. Funny how I once thought I knew you so very, very well. Indeed, I do. But, then again, I never did and your silence bites at me like frost. This heart burns as much from tomatoes as it does from the distance between. And the hardest part is knowing that you are doing all you can do and nothing you could not. Only have I the power to adjust the sails I call my own. The wind blows and blows and blows us away from where we once felt so strong. I believed it and knew it and felt it deep in my every bone and very being. That it was you. Just you. For now it is me. Just me. As it always should have been. As I dedicate myself to whatever will be, I can only hope that you leave a piece of you…for me.

1 comment:

  1. hey alex this is a neat idea behind your post. disappointment is great isnt it, seriously it forces you to accept what ya have. much love

    ReplyDelete