Tuesday, July 9, 2019

Anarchy and Carly Rae

Previous conceptions of romantic love now feel oddly distant and somewhat sickening. And not because I'm practicing polyamory for the first time in my life and am somehow enlightened or better for it. Rather that it has challenged me to redefine love in ways that are not rooted in ownership, possessiveness, in losing oneself, in giving up on communication. I'm learning the art of expressing needs without fear of losing something that's not mine. In fact, I find I've become more fearful of losing myself to an inauthentic relationship. Anarchy. Relationship Anarchy and the like. Maybe it is for me, maybe it is for you. Uprooting expectations and norms and fables. At least questioning, fixing shit that is long [ever-so-sometimes] broken.

And I still get lost in a Carly Rae bop, like anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment