Friday, September 2, 2016

A Fool and Some Gold

Heartache is a odd thing. A disorienting and misleading opportunistic path through unproven fantasies and greener grasses. Heartache is a heartbreak. It fills me with anger and dreams of happiness. But then happiness comes on its own, just as fast. I don't trust you, heartache. Maybe I should, but I don't. You seem a meddling foe, but I feel and see and know you and can't totally discount your presence. When do we listen to these tendencies? When do we run or stay or go away? As I listen to old country tunes that soothe my somber soul, I tell you I know you're here, maybe even to stay. Sitting through the suffering, now, as any other time, is the real peak I climb. Maybe I break a bit more in these times, but some other day I may just be filled in with gold and shall be remade all the stronger. Just for now, I'll sit within these cracks, searching for gold.

No comments:

Post a Comment