Thursday, January 3, 2013

Savage, I Am

How could I not have seen it?
Never dreamed I could yet again be IT.
You with me and me with you.
Never again had I imagined I would pursue.

Because if my history spoke of much…
It was that relationships packed a soul shattering punch.
I allowed myself to lose me and never did they choose to see….
How incredibly detrimental their actions and false words could be.

As I rose from the ashes time and again…
I found it was only I who would be my tried and true friend.
Partnerships never were they ever.
This heart and soul repeatedly did I allow them to sever.

And yet, here you are, beautifully real and raw…
Challenging all the hurt that my past ever saw.
Holding my hand as you discover how to hold my heart,
I wish it could have been YOU to love me from the very start.

But a lesson is a lesson no matter the damage…
And I refuse to believe myself some love-incapable savage.
Each day you teach the ways of faith and truly being together.
Contented am I here and now…maybe, just maybe...even for forever.  

No comments:

Post a Comment